| Tanning, gold cards, ulcers, bankruptcy, childbirth, political correctness, lactation classes, Twinkies, swimsuits, marketing, co-dependency, duck wallpaper, riots, "Inna Gadda Da Vida," taxes, Elvis, Castro, Martha Quinn, love, greed, scotch & water...and more!
1992 marked the fifth year of national syndication of the Making It strip. By far the largest concentration of Making It fans was in the Chicago area, where the cartoon appeared weekly in The Tribune. A mail-in offer for a free Making It button drew more requests from the Chicago area than from almost every other area where Making It ran combined.
Wanting to thank The Tribune readers, Keith Robinson put together a collection specifically for sale in the Chicago area. The book features cartoons from each of the five years of syndication. Arranged chronologically, the cartoons show the evolution of Making It, particularly the development of the regular characters - Normy, Silverwood, Anne, Prof. Warhol and the rest.
In Chicago, the book was carried by Barbara's Bookstore, a popular chain with three locations. The book was also carried in two locations back in the South Bay area of Southern California where Making It started: The Either/Or Bookstore, a longtime beach landmark, and The Copy Shop, where the book was printed.
5 Years of Making It is still available at The Copy Shop, but if you're not planning a trip to Manhattan Beach in the near future, the only other place you can get the book is here on the Making It web site! Click below to order now!
Plus shipping, handling & applicable taxes
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
- Making It at The Beach
- Foreword by Christopher J. ******** IV, MBA
- Another Sunday Morning in Paradise
- A Dissenting Viewpoint by Christopher J. Silverwood
- YeeHAW! (the last local Making It cartoon)
- Choosing Your Radio Station
- A Murder Weekend
- Just a Few of the Infinite Reasons Men are Glad they are Men
- Tax Status Worksheet
- The Negative Emotions Recycling Plant
- Nancy Reagan's Fashion Gestapo
- Where are they Now?
- Vote for The Making It Party
- The Far Side Survival Kit
- The "How Did You Do in '88?" Quiz
- How to Survive Four Years of Bush & Quayle
- Trends: When to Get In -- When to Get Out
- Relax! Let Others Think for You!
- When Did YOU Start Feeling Old?
- Quick! Throw Me Another!
- Pepe the Peptic Ulcer
- A Review of the 1980s -- Part One
- A Review of the 1980s -- Part Two
- A Review of the 1980s -- Part Three
- The New, Simplified Comics Page
- Another Business Tip from Christopher J. Silverwood IV, MBA
- Corporate Merit Badges
- 1990 U.S. Census Supplement
- Christopher J. Silverwood IV explains Profit Participation
- Christopher J. Silverwood IV explains Chapter 11
- Normy's Guide to Relaxing in the Sun
- Christopher J. Silverwood IV explains Vanity Museums
- A Word from Trend Advisor Jonathan Lund
- Making It Fifth Anniversary Vintage Wine
- Labor Day
- Life Decisions
- Naughty/Nice Census '90
- Welcome to the Brave New World
- Christopher J. Silverwood IV as "The Involved Husband"
- The Making It Babies in "Valentine's Day"
- Swimsuit Issue
- For the Record: Corrections, Clarifications, Letters, Blanket Apology
- USSR Going Out of Business Clearance Sale
- Castro Goes it Alone...
- The Dan Quayle Presidential Library
- The Worst Toys for 1991
- Christmas 1991
- The "How Did You Do in 1991?" Quiz
- How Are YOU Surviving the Recession?
- FBI -- Hollywood Branch
- Making It: The Next Generation
- Your Vote for the New Stamps
- The LA Riot
- Hitting the Beach
The Copy Shop
in association with Making It Productions
ALSO AVAILABLE BY KEITH ROBINSON:
Making It Productions